Thursday, May 2, 2013

Paper Flower Bouquet

I have been wanting to try making some paper flowers as a spring decoration for the past month.  I was recently asked to make a centerpiece for a relief society dinner at my church.  (Relief Society is all the women 18 and older, and we meet together at church each week, and then have activities during the month.  I love it! Oh, and by the way, it's part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)  

This was the perfect motivation to make paper flowers.  I think it was meant to be, because the past week, Silhouette had all their shapes on sale for half off, so I bought a variety of 3d flowers.  (If you are interested in which ones I used, leave a comment and I will let you know).

I thought this is cute for a spring/summer decoration as well as a Mother's Day gift - the flowers last forever!


I painted a mason jar white and wrapped a piece of burlap and tied a white bow around to hide the floral foam inside.  Each flower is hot glued to some thick floral wire.  I hid most of the floral wire with a pearl bead.





I am loving this, and am excited to get some new spring-y decor up!

4 comments:

Avrey &Cody Hendrix said...

So pretty!! :) I like.

Little Ladybird said...

Very, very pretty! My daughter would love those pretty papers and flowers. Tash

Rachel said...

These are gorgeous! You've presented them so well in the jar too :) xx

Laura Lynn said...

So pretty!

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis