Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It Roaaaarr's! {Two}

Remember my previous post of this little cutie?  This is the dinosaur costume I made for Isaac last year.  I made it with ultra cuddle fleece, so it is so soft, snuggly, and warm (perfect for Halloween).  He looked so adorable in it and I was surprised at how much he wanted to wear it (at least once a week).  Well, it turns out, he's not the only one that thinks a cozy dino costume is the cat's meow.

 Enter Dino Man.  Yep.  Isn't he handsome?  I think so.  The most handsome Dino Man I've ever seen.  My husband came up with this great idea that we should all be dinosaurs for Halloween this year.  He has been saying this since last Halloween.  I thought he was joking, but nope, he was serious. This was great for two reasons: 1.I got to go to the craft store. 2. I got to spend money there. :)  (Not that I don't get to do that anyway, but here's another excuse to go).

To make it, I used McCall's #8953 pattern. (Which consists of a lion, cat, bunny, etc.)  I knew I wasn't going to find a pattern of what I wanted exactly, so I looked for something that had a full body suit.  All I used from the pattern was the front piece, back piece, and sleeve pieces.  The other things I had to come up with on my own.  So, I designed the hood, spikes, belly, tail, and slippers.  It was quite the adventure, but it was well worth it.  I learned a lot, which will benefit me on future sewing endeavors.  My husband loves it and is currently wearing it.  It feels great that he loves it so much!  

 Let me show you the details. Besides being super comfortable and warm, this costume has many other great features:


 A cute blue belly, complete with zipper.  (I even got the zipper right the first time, which doesn't happen regularly).


 Check out these cute slippers.  They have blue lining inside and they are padded as well.  The bottom has the no-slip fabric on them (I am just realizing I forgot a picture of that...Sorry!).


 There are these two-toned spikes down the whole back.


 And check out this tail!  It wiggles when you walk, which makes it all the more fun!  Here's one last peek of the costume:


I am planning on making myself one of these dino costumes too.  The fabric is on its way and should be here soon, hopefully!  Any guesses as to the colors of mine?

I am linking up here and here.

24 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome! Would love for you to share this at our link party going on right now.
Hope to see you there.
New follower,
Kim
www.thesasselife.com

Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

I love it! SUPER CUTE!

Girl you better come visit tomorrow because you just got a STICKER!

Elisa said...

Haha..this is just awesome. My boys would love this!!

Lori said...

This is great! Your little boy is adorable and how fun it will be for you all to be dinos!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Love it! Can't wait to see yours! Thanks for linking up to Things I've Done Thursday!

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

BusyB said...

HOW FUN! I love it!!!

Cheers, I am your newest follower!

Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

I am sorry I meant Saturday.... you'll be feature tomorrow love ;)

Katherines Corner said...

whoop whoop, i love this, fist pumping in the air wildly, well done!!!
Hugs and wishes for a weekend filled with happy!

Elle and Lou said...

I am amazed that you have done this- it looks fabulous, in big and little. Your are very talented, maybe you should sell them! Lynda

malia said...

oh my gosh-- they are both adorable but the adult one is hilarious... i think you could run a successful etsy shop making these... seriously! xo

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

Somehow I feel like this proves that no matter how old they are, guys are still kids at heart. You did a great job on these costumes! I think it's so fun that you are all dressing up for Halloween together. Thanks for sharing

Holly Lefevre said...

Ha! That is a good sport!

Debbiedoos said...

CUTE...Love the faces and poses. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

All Dahl'd Up said...

THAT.IS.AWESOME! I love it, can you make me like five?! Ha! They look so comfy too!

Suki Lotti said...

This is awesome!!! I love it!

KellyS said...

Saw you on Sugar Bee Crafts, this is so awesome (and what an awesome husband for suggesting it!). I love the family of dinos idea, I am sure my boys would love it. Probably next year though, I won't be doing much sewing this Halloween since my baby girl will be arriving tomorrow!

Mandy Beyeler said...

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - you were featured today!
-Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

Katie said...

This is so awesome! I love it! I wish I could get my hubby to dress up like a dinosaur!
Thanks for sharing with The Crafty Blog Stalker. I can't wait to see what else you come with!

Heather Lynn said...

How fun! We are planning on being the Incredibles family this year.... should be interesting. ;)

I'm a new follower from http://lotsoflittleladies.blogspot.com/

<3

Jill said...

Oh my goodness! This is too cute! What a great sport - I'm a little jealous!

Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets said...

This is great and your hubby's poses are hilarious! I just added this to my list of 15 best family-friendly DIY Halloween costumes for adults. Feel free to grab a "Featured On" badge from my sidebar.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Fowl Single File said...

The colors you chose are absolutely perfect! What a great idea and you guys are going to be the cutest family of dinosaurs ever!

Lindsay said...

How awesome is that?? And your husband is cracking me up with his poses--what a good sport! Super cute idea! I am so glad you shared this @ Show & Share! Thanks so much!

*Jeana* said...

lol too cute..
Would love for you to share at my Link party "Creative Halloween Ideas"http://jeana-marie.blogspot.com/2011/09/creative-halloween-ideas.html

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis