Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Project Reveal

Surprised to see me back to soon?  I told you to come back soon!  It is my goal to post more often.  Anyways, lets get to the reason for this post.  I have been working on pillows for my couch!  It has been such a fun adventure.  I bought three of the pillows at Ross (two of them were super ugly yellow, looking like old curtains, or like 70s yellow carpet color - get the picture?).  Anyways, I bought them there since that was so cheap.  I also found a full sheet set while I was there that I loved ($10 - awesome!)  The other two pillows came with our couch, but were kind of plain looking.


My inspiration came from a variety of blogs, months of thinking, and some pillows at Ross.  I had so much fun making them.  My favorite is the ruffly brown and tan one.  It took me the longest, but it was so fun!  Oh, I should also note that instead of sewing the pillows shut, I closed the bottoms with velcro, to make for easy washing.  Little hands seem to leave food and various smudges on things. (They are cute smudges :)).
Let me know if you would like to know how I made them.  I would be happy to answer any questions!



Point of View: A Creative Collaboration,a creative collaboration,point of view,point of view a creative collaboration
I am linked up to these parties for this post.  Come join in the fun!  There are so many different awesome ideas!  At Point of View, it is all about pillows!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Way cute Steph. HOw did you make the brown ruffly one?

Carrie @ Fine & Handy said...

Thanks for stopping by to say hi and ThaNk YoU for your sweet comment. From what I can see I'm sure your redo's will be great. I can't wait to see how they turns out! By the way I LoVE LoVE LoVE your easter baskets. Have a great week!

fineandhandy.blogspot.com

Heather said...

great pillows! Thanks, Stephanie, for stopping by squeezing it all in. Good to have you there!

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

These are all wonderful! Great job with all the variations. That brown and tan ruffle pillow is gorgeous!
xoxo,
Amy

Ladybird Ln said...

What fun couch pillows! I really love the one with the big flower! I am having a pillow contest {Pillow Fight--For a Cause} On my blog this month, and would love it if you would consider entering. Link below!

Carlee
http://www.ladybirdln.com/2011/05/pillow-fight-for-causepart-1.html

Christy said...

I LOVE all of your pillows! I need some of them. :) Thanks for your comment on my Porchalicious Porch! I am also a new follower of yours. Have A Wonderful Day!

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis