Friday, August 12, 2011

Penguin Birthday Shirt

Today I am happy to share this cute little birthday shirt.  My son turned 2 about a month ago.  His birthday party theme was penguins.  (He loves penguins.)  I had a few ideas of how to incorporate penguins into the party, BUT, the only penguin thing at the party was the cake.  I made this shirt from the same pattern I used for the cake, and had intended on him wearing it for the party, but didn't get it finished... boo hoo, better luck (or planning) next year.  So, without further ado, I introduce the penguin birthday shirt:






I found the little shirt at Walmart (It was $3.50 I think).  It had a little pocket on the front that I picked off.  I used felt from my stash.  And that's about it!  Have a great weekend everyone!  Check out my Party Page to see where I am linking up this week!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

i love penguins too tho i fear i may a lil old now to wear a top like that :( boo!

Mariah said...

This is so cute! I'm planning a penguin party for my nephew's first birthday in Dec and this would be perfect! Do you have the pattern for the penguin? If you don't mind sharing I'd love it! Thanks.

April said...

awesome!
xoxo

Katie said...

Basically, I love this! So flipping cute!! I love how the penquin looks with the green shirt!! You did a great job!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the visit and sweet comment you left. I LOVE your blog, so many cure things!! I am following you back. GFC seems messed up so I followed though the follow button on the nav. bar. Have a great weekend!

InMyOwnStyle said...

That is the cutest little penguin I have ever seen - did you give him a name? He needs a name. Since you didn't have the shirt completed for your son's b-day I would look on the positive side. He will be celebrating his birthday every time he wears it.

My best- Diane

Ashley said...

om GOODNESS SOOOOOO DARLING!!!

Kristen said...

aww that penguin is way too adorable!! Thanks so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings! www.ladybug-blessings.com

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

The cutest thing I've seen in a while!!! Grrrrreat job!!

Brit said...

That is too cute! Great job. I saw those shirts at Wal-Mart and didn't buy them cuz of the little pocket...DUH, pick it off. ;) Great shirt, love it!
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Anabella said...

Love it! I want one for my self! So cute penguin!

Unknown said...

The little bow tie kills me. Too cute. Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

Grandchild said...

Today I am happy to share this cute little birthday shirt. My son turned 2 about a month ago. His birthday party theme was penguins. (He loves ... shirtpenguin.blogspot.com

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis