I cut the outside fabric and lining into the following sizes: 1-8x8, 4-5x8, 2-1x12, and the bunny ear shape.
Then, I cut out interfacing to fit each of the outside pieces (except for the 1x12 size) and ironed them on.
I also cut out batting and sewed it to the sides and bottom.
I sewed all the sides together.
Please ignore the gross ironing board cover...:). Here are the ears. I folded them over to add some dimension.
Here's the almost-finished basket.
To make the tail, I wrapped yarn around one of Isaac's blocks. I wrapped it around 200 times and then tied a string around the loops. I cut the loops in half and trimmed them all to one size.