Thursday, May 2, 2013

Paper Flower Bouquet

I have been wanting to try making some paper flowers as a spring decoration for the past month.  I was recently asked to make a centerpiece for a relief society dinner at my church.  (Relief Society is all the women 18 and older, and we meet together at church each week, and then have activities during the month.  I love it! Oh, and by the way, it's part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)  

This was the perfect motivation to make paper flowers.  I think it was meant to be, because the past week, Silhouette had all their shapes on sale for half off, so I bought a variety of 3d flowers.  (If you are interested in which ones I used, leave a comment and I will let you know).

I thought this is cute for a spring/summer decoration as well as a Mother's Day gift - the flowers last forever!


I painted a mason jar white and wrapped a piece of burlap and tied a white bow around to hide the floral foam inside.  Each flower is hot glued to some thick floral wire.  I hid most of the floral wire with a pearl bead.





I am loving this, and am excited to get some new spring-y decor up!

9 comments:

Avrey &Cody Hendrix said...

So pretty!! :) I like.

Little Ladybird said...

Very, very pretty! My daughter would love those pretty papers and flowers. Tash

Rachel said...

These are gorgeous! You've presented them so well in the jar too :) xx

Laura Lynn said...

So pretty!

Linda said...

I really love this hat and I want to have this one for myself. Are you selling it? Hope to see response from you on this, thanks

MS Groups Resorts said...

Nice post.Keep posting
For Resorts in Kanakapura Road.Contact us.

Arulraj said...

Thank you for sharing this nice article.
For better sofa renovation contact thesofastore gives best
Sofa Refurbishing in Doddakallasandra,Bangalore

abhiramindia said...

Nice pick. it's very Useful Article.

abhiram astrology center. Best Astrologer In manitoba

Famous astro said...

Nice and useful blog
Visit website for best astrological services contact. Best Astrologer in Kudremukh

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis